The Operations Coordinator will perform activities that ensure efficient transportation of materials and products from origin to destination. Additional duties may include scheduling drivers to make freight deliveries or collect shipments and packages. Communicating with customers about freight details, delivery or pickup times, and special handling requests. Planning pre-determined routes and accommodating route changes as needed
• Overseeing all supply chain operations.
• Organizing and managing inventory, storage, and transportation.
• Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
• Reviewing, preparing, and routing purchase orders.
• Ensuring the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
• Monitoring shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
• Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
• Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and retailers.
• Answering customer queries.
• High school diploma/GED required.
• Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in logistics management required.
• Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
• Good management and organizational skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and use hands to operate computer controls. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb; stoop or crouch. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This is a Full-time position
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, core work hours.
Domestic travel may be required.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
Note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.